Site Reliability Engineer
Rodrigo was born in Brazil and relocated to US when he was 14. He is a Site Reliability Engineer with 10+ years of Linux Systems Administration experience. Comfortable in start-ups and established enterprises alike. Intensive hands-on experience with leading-edge DevOps tooling. Excellent communication skills, works well on a team or as a sole contributor.Website: https://rodrigo-menezes.com
Phone: (510) 501-4116
Pinterest2017 - PresentSite Reliability Engineer
Pinterest2016 - 2017Site Reliability Engineer ( Contract )
Robert Half Technology2016 - 2017SRE - Robert Half Technology SPS
Castle Global, Inc.2016 - 2016DevOps Engineer
- Scaled Kiwi app to accommodate an increase of 5 million users over the course of 1 week. Scaled Plaza app from 100 to 5,000 daily users. Scaled Chatous app from 1,000 to 5,000 daily users.
- Built new CI/CD infrastructure which doubled previous deployment rate. Automated release testing suite and increased testing capacity.
- Configuration, deployment, and automation with Chef.
- Manages environment 95% built on Docker, running on Mesos.
- Migrated hosted AWS environment to in-house data center.
- Monitoring and alerting with Sensu and PagerDuty.
- Utilized Jenkins for CI process reorganization.
- Deploys Cassandra and MySQL clusters.
- Performs sharding, master/slave replication within MySQL.
- Statistics gathering with Sensu and Grafana.
LiveVox2014 - 2016Linux Systems Engineer
LiveVox is a leading provider of enterprise-grade cloud contact center solutions and an affiliate partner of Aspect Software.
- Supported Java devs, QA teams, and interfaced directly with customers.
- Deployed Katello/Foreman to greatly speed up server deployment times from 4 hours to 10 minutes.
- Cleaned up Puppet environment, used it for configuration, deployment, and automation of tasks.
- Deployed Cassandra and MySQL clusters.
- Virtualization with XenSever.
- AWS management and deployments using CloudFormation.
Livescribe Inc.2013 - 2014System Administrator
Livescribe brings notes, words and ideas to life. Livescribe smartpens make it easy to connect paper and pen to the digital world.
- Virtualized internal infrastructure using XenServer.
- Retire Legacy networks
Oakland Packaging & Supplies2006 - 2013Systems Administrator
- Deployed monitoring infrastructure using Icinga, LogStash and Cacti.
- Deployed Puppet environments.
- Virtualized entire infrastructure using XenServer, later migrated virtualized infrastructure from XenServer to VMware.
- Managed Windows and Linux infrastructure and desktop environment across 3 locations.
- Performed Exchange Server migration, upgrade and administration for over 70 users. Active directory and GPO administration.
- Managed and deployed E-commerce platform.
Diablo Valley College2004 - 2006Computer Science
Portuguese (BR) Native speaker